St.Winnoch Angling Club Forum Index St.Winnoch Angling Club
Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MESSAGE BOARD/ taking pike

Post new topic   Reply to topic    St.Winnoch Angling Club Forum Index -> Club Gossip
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: MESSAGE BOARD/ taking pike Reply with quote

is the message board shut ? ive tried to add a message a couple of times, and nothing!!
last week one ranger told me that "as far as he knew, you can take pike from the loch" Shocked whats that all about? no wonder our european cousins are always fishing down here, some rangers dont know the rules.
loch lubnaig

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is getting out of hand,i to have witnessed countless non nationals fishing some with very crude gear this is going on week in week out to the point that the word is going out that castle semple has been emptied,last season we found an abandoned rucksack containing wood kindling with sharpened ends with line attached probably for set lines and in the past few months reports have said that these people have been walking back to their cars with bags of dead fish(pike) unchallenged by passing rangers whats going on,is it because fish are not cute looking with feathers is that why nobody gives a shit if they started removing birds from the loch there would by public out cry what is the next course of action and it has to be soon before the loch is just a barren piece of water.
delboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they aint interested as long as it dont kill the swans or ducks. SO you lot that STEAL FISH ,,,, DUCK TASTES GREAT AND SWANS ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD, so leave the fish in the the water, you pond life ,,,, over and out
Matt S

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest, has the loch been fishing any better? I fished it today but didn't expect much - still a lot of ice about and no sign of fish moving anywhere. Tried various deadbaits and my son had two small runs while I blanked (nothing new there BTW! Embarassed ).

Speaking to a few folk in the fishing shop in Johnstone over the weekend and one local said he'd written to his MP about the matter of fish being taken from the loch by migrants. But by his own admission, he didn't expect a response. A mate who stays in Glasgow complained along similar lines and was more or less asked to leave his MPs office! As has been said, pike aren't high up on anyone's agenda. But if this was a huge salmon loch...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    St.Winnoch Angling Club Forum Index -> Club Gossip All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: