St.Winnoch Angling Club Forum Index St.Winnoch Angling Club
Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few Q's from a Newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    St.Winnoch Angling Club Forum Index -> Club Gossip
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thommo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: A few Q's from a Newbie Reply with quote

Hello,

I've just taken up fishing this year and have a couple of questions if any members care to take the time to reply?

First of all, are there any pike left in Loch Semple? I can see from previous posts that there was an issue a few years back of the loch being targeted by catch and keep types and wondered if it's still worthwhile having a pop?

Secondly, does the club still have a boat available to members? If so, how do you go about arranging to use it?

Lastly, I'm new to fly-fishing and wondered if there were any particularly good stretches of water within the club's ambit for the novice to make a complete arse of it without too much vegetation nearby to add to their woes?

Thanks
johnstone bhoy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thommo, how you doing mate.
Pike - Yes. A good head from both Semple and Barr from people I've spoken too. I even caught a small jack from the Millbank Burn whilst worming for perch.
Boats - Boats are available by prior arrangement from the secretary. Address and contact number are on the first page of your season permit.
Fly - The clubs Queenside Loch is absolutely perfect for a beginner. Only visited it personally, never fished it. Looks ideal. I think a logbook has to be signed before and after fishing and a catch return logged. The Calder offers limited areas for the fly but the Loch is certainly the better option

Hopefully that'll assist and feel free to ask anything else.
Cheers JB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    St.Winnoch Angling Club Forum Index -> Club Gossip All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: