St.Winnoch Angling Club Forum Index St.Winnoch Angling Club
Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

possible new member............is this forum still in use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    St.Winnoch Angling Club Forum Index -> Club Gossip
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: possible new member............is this forum still in use? Reply with quote

Hi I am thinking about joining the club mainly for the pike fishing. i know these waters used to produce good pike but i fell away from fishing it years ago as it started to go downhill with inexperienced anglers and foreigners ruining the place. is this still the case or has the fishing picked up again? fished it last year again and spoke to a few anglers who suggested semple and the barr only hold jacks now, gone are the days when they regularly produced stunning pike. any info on this would be appreciated as the same story has happened with my beloved Barrhead dams and would hate to see the fishing at lochwinnoch suffer the same fate............if it hasnt already. Thanks Guys.
Alex
johnstone bhoy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,
I caught two jacks yesterday in a four hour session in Semple. They're still there, maybe not in the numbers of years gone by. Well worth a whopping £15 to join the club. It's the clubs AGM next week. The waters are not heavily fished from what I've seen and are a pleasure to fish. Can be hard going sometimes and can be very profitable other days.
alex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate. at least your still catching.im sure there will be the odd big girl in either semple or barr loch thats too wise to be caught. one can but hope eh! all ive heard the past few months is of jacks being caught. if i got a good one right enough id keep quiet about it aswell!! tight lines!
johnstone bhoy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had another 3.5-4 hour session today at the Howwood end of Semple. Blanked today, not a single bump on bait or spinner. Alex, the biggies will be there. I'm a great believer where there's wee fish, there'll be big fish. As for finding them.....
alex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the script with the club boat on semple? does anybody ever use it?
do you just stick to semple then mate or do you give the barr loch a session now and again? i know a couple of guys that have fished both the past two weeks in a row and theyve not even had a touch. maybe a bit slow cos its still so cold. would like to see a gd catch from it this year. Might wet a line next few weeks up there in between my Awe and Lomond trips ive already got planned, only 20 mins away so might aswell give it a bash. Roll on the long summer evenings !!
johnstone bhoy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely try the Barr but will do so a lot more this year. I've not really seen anyone when I've been out recently but will maybe get an idea of what's being caught at the AGM. As for the boats I really couldn't tell you. I've never used or enquired about them and doubt I will. It's not for me. They are available to club members though.
alex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the AGM, and Where is it being held this year?
johnstone bhoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday 8pm @ the Lochwinnoch bowling club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    St.Winnoch Angling Club Forum Index -> Club Gossip All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: